Strategic Defense Against Felony Charges
Facing a criminal charge can put you in a vulnerable position. Because of the lifelong consequences of a felony conviction, you need a legal team on your side that has the experience and competence to help with your specific case.
The Law Offices of Scott Mackenzie, P.C., provides legal representation for those facing a variety of criminal charges. When you hire us, you can have peace of mind knowing that you are in the hands of skilled professionals. Our Dallas attorneys are committed to protecting your rights, defending your freedom and safeguarding your future.
We handle all types of felony cases, including:
- Armed robbery
- First-degree, second-degree and third-degree murder
- Drunk driving
- Sexual assault
- Other white collar crimes
Remember, you are innocent until proven guilty. Obtaining great criminal defense representation can make all the difference between incarceration and freedom.
Understanding Felony Convictions In Texas
A felony is the most serious type of criminal offense. As such, the penalties imposed for a felony conviction can be quite severe. Felony crimes in Texas are divided into several categories based on the seriousness of the offense and the severity of the punishment. The different categories of felonies and the penalties associated with them include:
- State jail felony: Prison time of 180 days to two years and a maximum fine $2,000
- Third-degree felony: Prison time of two to 10 years and a maximum fine of $10,000
- Second-degree felony: Prison time of two to 20 years and a maximum fine of $10,000
- First-degree felony: Prison time of five to 99 years and a maximum fine of $10,000
- Capital felony: Prison time for life or the death sentence
For more information, or to discover which category your specific allegation falls into, contact our experienced attorneys.
Rely On Our Dedicated Criminal Defense Lawyers
We offer free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting us. We will do everything in our power to keep your future free. Call us at 214-245-4625 or send us an email to make your free consultation.